Camilla Trab Damsgaard
Rolighedsvej 30, 1958 Frederiksberg C
Date of birth: 20.04.1977
01.07.14–present: Associate Professor, Early prevention of non-communicable diseases, Section for Paediatric and International Nutrition,Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, SCIENCE, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark.
01.04.10–30.06.14: Assistant Professor, Child nutrition, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, SCIENCE, UCPH.
01.06.08-31.03.10: Post doc, Nutrition and disease prevention in adults, Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, UCPH.
Maternity leave: 12.11.08 – 23.09.09 (full) + 02.11.09-04.07.10 (5 h/wk)
01.03. 05-31.05.08: PhD in Human nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, UCPH. PhD thesis: Fish oil, Cardiovascular Risk and Immune Function, degree date: 20.10.2008.
07.10.07-22.11.07: Research in England with Professor in Nutritional Immunology Philip Calder, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK.
01.09.02-14.01.05: MSc in Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, UCPH. MSc thesis: Effects of fish oil on blood pressure and lipid profile in infants, degree date: 14.01.2005.
01.09.03-31.12.03: Exchange student, Cornell University, New York, USA.
01.09.98-20.03.02: BSc in Biology (specialized in human physiology), Faculty of Science, UCPH.
Postgraduate courses in leadership and research management
25.11.14-27.11.14: Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Monitoring, UCPH.
29.08.12-08.01.13: Leadership Programme for Women, Implement Consulting and UCPH.
01.10.10-31.10.10: Project Management for Researchers, Implement Consulting.
07.03.07-15.03.07: 13th European Nutrition Leadership Platform Programme
12.03.12: The FLIK-Prize 2012 (10.000 DKK), The Danish Association of Food Scientists.
29.05.12: New Investigator Award, International. Society for the Study of Fatty Acids & Lipids, Vancouver, Canada.
20.11.09: LIFE Academic Prize 2009 (10.000 DKK), Faculty of Life Sciences,UCPH.
Board positions and invited talks
01.09.15 - present: First Editor, the Editorial Board, British Journal of Nutrition, UK.
24.03.17: Invited speaker: “Vitamin D requirements in young, white children”. Symposium on dietary vitamin D requirements, European Commission, DG Research & Innovation, Brussels, Belgium.
05.09.16: Invited speaker: “Do fish and n-3 LCPUFA improve children’s cardiometabolic health?” Nutrition Congress 2016, Somerset-West, South Africa.
Supervision and PhD assessment
- Currently primary supervisor of 3 PhD students and 3 MSc students.
- Previously co-supervisor of 2 PhD students and supervisor of 23 MSc- students (2005-2016).
- Head of assessment committee and examiner for 2 PhD candidates (2015-2017).
Written or participated in 19 larger research applications since 2005.
- Fish oil and CVD risk, 2005-2008 (150.000 DKK; The Danish Heart Foundation) (Investigator)
- ODIN, 2013-2017 (WP4, 3.1 mill. DKK, The EU-commission) (Co-PI)
- HAPFAM, 2013-2017 (WP5, 4.8 mill. DKK, The Strategic Research Council) (Investigator)
- Vitamin D and Immune Function, 2015-2017 (1.1 mill. DKK, The Lundbeck Foundation) (PI)
- FiSK, 2016-2019 (WP1, 9 mill. DKK, Nordea-fonden) (PI and Research Leader)
- 62 peer-reviewed articles in international scientific journals (54 the last 5 years)
- 17 articles as first author (11 the last 5 years)
- 6 articles as last author ) (6 the last 5 years)
- H-index: 15 (Web of Science, 08.03.2017)
- More than 35 abstracts presented at international scientific conferences.