Associate Professor, Associate Professor - Promotion Programme
Rolighedsvej 26, 1958 Frederiksberg C
Main research activities
Investigating and understanding the association between gut microbiome and health and disease in human and animal models. Molecular genetic methods and classical microbiology methods for detection, identification and characterization of complex microbial communities. Detection of bacteria, yeast and phages related to food processing and food pathogens. Investigating the influence of diet into microbial composition in in-vivo and in-vitro models of the mammalian gastro intestinal tract. Development and optimization of protocols for 2nd (Illumina based), 3rd (Oxford Nanopores) generation sequencing and high throughput qPCR. Research and development of modern molecular assays used in diagnostics of genetic disorders and pathogen detection in close collaboration with foreign partners GenXone –one of the first in Europe certified laboratory of Oxford Nanopore Technologies. NGS data analysis including amplicon sequencing and metagenomes assembly and annotation (Qiime, C++, R, Matlab, bash). Computer science: hardware assembly and software management of custom-built computers. Construction of Unix-based workstations for advanced data analysis, including servers.
Primary fields of research
- High-throughput community sequencing
- Multivariate data analysis.
- Teaching at Microbiology of Fermented Food and Beverages (Full Degree Master 7.5 ECTS), University of Copenhagen, department of Food Science
- Teaching at Dairy Microbiology (Full Degree Master 7.5 ECTS), University of Copenhagen, department of Food Science
- Teaching at Basic Cell and Molecular Biology (Bachelor 7,5 ECTS), University of Copenhagen, department of Food Science and Human Nutrition and Sports
- Teaching at Yeast Physiology and Applications (Full Degree Master 7,5 ECTS), University of Copenhagen, department of Food Science and Human Nutrition and Sports
- Course responsible at Microbiome Analysis Course (PhD course 6 ECTS) University of Copenhagen, department of Food Science