Peter Waaben Thulstrup
Universitetsparken 5, 2100 København Ø, 73 Højhus 73, Bygning: 73-5-T557
Universitetsparken 5, Bygning: 772-02-2-C208
2100 København Ø
Protein and nucleic acid structures and development of their synthetic modification as tools to investigate aspects of biological chemistry
Scientific interests and techniques:
Bioinorganic, inorganic and physical chemistry; in particular:
- Understanding the chemistry, function, and structural dynamics of biological macromolecules with particular regard to the role of metal ions
- Metal ion uptake and regulation in biological systems
- Peptide and protein (mis-)folding and self-assembly
- Ordered systems and chirality
- Circular and linear dichroism spectroscopy
- Absorbance, fluorescence, and NMR spectroscopy including X nuclei
- Small molecule dynamics and photophysics and applied computational chemistry
Main scientific equipment:
Jasco J-815 spectropolarimeter with capabilities for CD, fluorescence, MCD (1.5 T), stopped-flow kinetics, automated titration, and flow linear dichroism spectroscopy.
- Jasco FP-6300 Spectrofluorometer, Shimadzu UV-2401PC UV-VIS and Shimadzu UV-3600 UV-VIS-NIR, liquid nitrogen cryostats and an extensive collection of optical cells for various purposes.
- Nicolet FT-IR for solid, liquid and gas analysis and other instruments for vibrational spectroscopy.
- Joint facilities with the research group include GMO and radiochemistry laboratories.