Morten Arendt Rasmussen
Chemometrics and Analytical Technology
Højhus 72, Bygning: 72-4-T449
1958 Frederiksberg C
Education and occupation
2017 – Current: Assoc. Prof. (permanent) in Chemometrics / Multivariate Statistical Data Analysis, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences and COPSAC
2015 - 2016 Visiting researcher at Harvard School of Public Health in the Huttenhower Lab at Department of Biostatistics, Harvard, Boston, US
2015 – 2017: Assoc. Prof. in Chemometrics / Multivariate Statistical Data Analysis, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences
2014 - 2017: Post Doc., COPenhagen Studies on Asthma in Childhood (COPSAC)
2012 – 2014: Post Doc. Multivariate Statistical Data Analysis, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences
2007 – 2012: Ph.D. student in Chemometrics / Multivariate Statistical Data Analysis, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences.
2010: Visiting Scholar at Department of Statistics, Stanford University, US.
2005 – 2007: Master in Dairy Science and Technology, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences
2001 – 2005: Bachelor in Food Science with Dairy internship, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences
1996 – 1999: High school student, Haderslev Katedralskole.
University of Copenhagen:
- 2008: Lectures, Exploratory data analysis and chemometrics
- 2008 – 2014: Lectures for visiting high school classes app. 10/year
- 2009: Course responsible (33%), Exploratory data analysis and chemometrics
- 2014 – current: Linear algebra for chemometrics, 2 day course
- 2015 – current: Course responsible, Food science data analysis
- 2017 - current: Course responsible, Philosophy of Food Science
- 2009 - current: Lectures in: Biosystems instrumentation, Bio spectroscopy, Advanced chemometrics, basic chemometrics for industrial researchers (www.odin.life.ku.dk), Computational Data Analysis, Linear Algebra, Copenhagen School of Chemometrics, Meal Systems Technology, Public Health Nutrition, Sensory Evaluation of Food, Computational data analysis (DTU)
Supervision and Research Management
Main supervisor on two PhD projects (COPSAC), Main supervisor on two Bachelor projects (Uni of Cph), Co-supervisor on one master project (DTU), Co-supervisor on one PhD project (Uni of Cph). Co-supervisor on one PhD project (DTU). Co-supervisor on three PhD projects (COPSAC – Uni of Cph).
Responsible for metabolomics studies at COPSAC. Statistical supervisor and mentor at COPSAC.
- 2020-2023 Research foundation Norway CoPI TrACEr: Time-Aware ConstrainEd Multimodal Data Fusion - 13.424.000 NOK
- 2019-2022 Novo Nordisk Foundation CoPI Mining the viral dark matter to find viruses that impact human health - 1.500.000 DKK
- 2018-2022 National Institute of Health RO1 US COPSAC/Metabolomics Partner Mechanistic insights into asthma pathogenesis through the integration of asthma genes, risk exposures, and metabolomics - 2.000.000 USD, with Harvard
- 2017-2020 TRYGfonden Statistical Partner Tilbage i arbejde efter en hjerneskade - 4.600.000 DKK, with research center BOMI
- 2018-2019 RegionH COPSAC - Phd Supervisor Early life antibiotic use, consequences for microbial composition, resistance and infectious airway disease - 300.000 DKK
- Coloplast a/s
- Camurus a/s
- Xellia pharma a/s
- Pocared diagnostics ltd
- Danish technological institute
- Arla Foods a.m.b.a
- Foss analytical a/s
- Videncenter for allergi (region hovedstaden), Copenhagen
- Brain injury center bomi
Chemometrics and intelligent laboratory systems, analytical chemica acta, journal of Chemometrics, applied spectroscopy, british journal of nutrition, journal of biomedical Informatics, food quality and preferences, ieee - computational advances in multi-sensor adaptive Processing, International Journal of Obesity, Journal of Proteome Research, Metabolomics, MethodX, Physiology and Behavior, BMJ open, Microbiome, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Int Journal of Pharmaceutics