Lourdes Cantarero Arevalo
Samfundsfarmaci og klinisk farmaci
Universitetsparken 2, 2100 KÃÂ¸benhavn ÃÂ
I am a social scientist and a public health professional working for the WHO Collaborating Centre in the Patient Perspective on Medicine use (Social and Clinical Pharmacy Research Group).
In 2013 I received my PhD in Health Sciences from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. I also hold a Master in International Cooperation for Development from Complutense University, Madrid and a Post-graduate in International Politics from Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. Prior to join academia, I worked for 10 years for the European Commission (EuropeAid) in South America, Africa and Asia, and for the World Health Organization – Regional Office for Europe in projects focused on improving maternal, children and adolescent health.
With my current research, I focus on listening to adolescents voices and their perceptions of mental health and well-being. I am specially interested in the role that narratives ethics play in constructing meaning and developing copying mechanisms. I am currently studying the Resonance Theory (Rosa 2016), Burnout Society (Han 2017) and the Theory of Self-connection (Klussman 2020) to inform my research inquiries.
Selected research projects I am currently working on:
THRIVE (Teenage mental Health Research Inquiries Via E-communties):
- Thrive 1: Dialogical research and adolescents living with affective disorders
- Thrive 2: Narrative ethics and young women living with anxiety
- Thrive 3: Coping mechanisims among young people living with depression
- Adolescents narratives of mental distress via dialogical research
- Meaning, purpose and sense making when living with mental conditions and complex medicines regimes among adolescents and young people
- Ethical dilemmas linked to treatment for mental conditions among adolescents and young adults
Undervisnings- og vejledningsområder
- Pharmaceutical Policy, Economics and Ethics course. Course responsible and teacher of the Ethics section.
- Transparency and Trustworthiness in Drug Development - The ethics of Drug Regulation: Teacher
- Contemporary Social Pharmacy - an innovation-based course: Course responsible
Contemporary Social Pharmacy - an innovation-based course