Ole Maaløes Vej 5
2200 København N.
I obtained my PhD from the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, where I worked under the supervision of Prof. Poul Nissen. I worked on two particular P-type ATPases, one that transports calcium and another that transports copper, both of which I studied with a range of different methods within structural biology.
- Membrane protein cryogenic electron microscopy (cryo-EM)
- Development of copolymers for native nanodiscs
- Lipid-protein interactions
My research is centered on characterizing ion channels and receptors using single-particle cryo-EM and other complimentary biophysical and biochemical methods. I am particularly interested in taste signalling and the effects that the lipid bilayer and other cellular neighbors have on the function of mammalian, integral membrane proteins.
Undervisnings- og vejledningsområder
Teaching assistant in Undergraduate Courses at Aarhus University (2011-2014):
- Theoretical exercises in Experimental molecular biology
- Laboratory exercises in General biochemistry
- Laboratory exercises in General molecular biology
- Laboratory exercises in Experimental molecular biology
- Computer exercises in Biomodelling
- Computer exercises in Introduction to medicinal chemistry
- Theoretical exercises in General biochemistry