Professor, dr.phil., Emeritus
- 1969 Magister of Psychology, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1969 - 71 Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1971-74 Research Fellow, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1974 - 89 Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1976-1979 Senior Research Fellow, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1979 Guest researcher, Department of Philosophy at Stony Brook, Univ. of New York, U.S.A.
- 1981 Guest professor, Department of Theory and History of Science, Boston Univ. U.S.A.
- 1981 Invited speaker at the Boston Colloquium for the Philosophy of Science.
- 1981 Dr.phil, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1983. Nordic Council Senior Researcher at OECD Halden Reactor Project, Norway.
- 1983 - 86 Member of the board of the Faculty of the Humanities, Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1986-90 Member of the Supreme Governing Board (Consistorium) of Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1988-1991, ESRC Senior Researcher, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK
- 1989 Docent Professor, Dept. Psychol., Univ. of Copenhagen
- 1999-2004, Member of the Danish Research Council for the Humanities
- 2006 - Senior Researcher, Dept. Psychol., Univ. of Copenhagen, Emeritus professor
- 2006-10 Member of the review panel of the Eurocores Programme "Consciousness in a Natural and Cultural Context", European Science Foundation, Strasbourg, France.
- 2010 - Member of the Review Panel of the Eurocores Programme "EuroUnderstanding", European Science Foundation, Strasbourg, France.
- 2013 - Interdisciplinary research project, "A new Approach to the Studies of the Self", www.the-self.com, in collaboration witth phd. student Simon Høffding, Center for Subjectivity Research, KU.
- 2017 - Member of the Community of Experts, European Science Foundation