Andreas Mæchel Fritzen
Associate Professor, Group Leader, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
- May 2016: PhD at Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, UCPH.
- Nov 2011: MSc. Human Physiology, UCPH.
- Jul 2016-Jul 2017 and Sep 2018-Mar 2023: Post-doctoral fellow and Assistant Professor in Section of Molecular Physiology at Dept. of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, UCPH
- July 2017-Sep 2018: Post-doctoral fellow in Prof. David James’ lab, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Jan 2015 – May 2015: visiting PhD student in Prof. Gregory Steinberg’s lab, McMaster University, Canada.
- Oct 2011-May 2016: Research assistant and PhD Student in Section of Molecular Physiology at Dept. of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, UCPH.
- Aug 2007-Jul 2009: Research assistant at Neuromuscular Research Unit in Professor John Vissing’s lab at Rigshospitalet.
Selected awards and Funding:
- 2015: Awarded the Gold Medal from University of Copenhagen for a Prize Paper entitled: “The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in regulation of muscle metabolism”.
- 2016-2021: Almost exclusively self-financed during my post-doctoral period through in total 4 years of post doc funding; 1 year from the Alfred Benzon Foundation (375,000 d.kr.) and in two different funding’s from Danish Diabetes Academy 1+2 years (600,000 + 1,200,000 d.kr.).
- 2021: Co-PI on 5.000.000 DKK from the Arla Food for Health and 3.000.000 DKK from the Danish Dairy Research Foundation.
- 2202: Co-supervisor on 2/3 PhD-fellowship (1.100.000 DKK) to Josephine Kanta from Danish Cardiovascular Academy.
- 2022: 5-year Excellence Emerging Investigator Grant Novo Nordisk Foundation 10.000.000 DKK
- 2022: Selected to Board of Director at European Sports Nutrition Society