Afdeling for Epidemiologi
CCS, Øster Farimagsgade 5, bygning 24, 2. lokale 23, 1014 København K, 24, Bygning: 2.23
Marie Pedersen has a degree in Biology from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark and a PhD at the Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Denmark (2010). She did her postdoctoral work at the Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain and in the Team of Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health, National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM), Grenoble, France.
Currently she is also working as guest researcher at the Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Diet, Genes and Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Her research focuses on the evaluation of effects of environmental exposures early in life. Currently she is involved in National Danish as well as European birth cohort studies that examine the influence of exposure to dietary and environmental toxicants during pregnancy on maternal and child health.
- Environmental epidemiology
- Effects of environmental exposures early in life on human health
- Air pollution and noise from road traffic
- Dietary exposure to carcinogens
- Biomarkers of genotoxic exposure and effect measured in maternal and umbilical cord blood
- In utero and early growth (birth weight, rapid growth and child obesity)
- Preterm birth, preeclampsia, pregnancy-induced hypertension and gestational diabetes
- Asthma and related respiratory and allergic outcomes in children
- Cohort studies
National and International Collaboration
- Danish Cancer Society Research Center (DCRC), Diet, Genes and Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark (www.cancer.dk)
- Centre for Fetal Programming, Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark (www.ssi.dk)
- Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology (CREAL) Barcelona, Spain (http://creal.cat/)
- Team of Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health, National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM), Grenoble, France (http://www-iab.ujf-grenoble.fr).
European Study of Cohorts For Air Pollution Effects (www.escapeproject.eu), EU Large-scale Integrated Project, 7th Framework Programme, Theme Environment. Contract No. 211250, July, 2008-May, 2012. Studies still ongoing.