Universitetsparken 4, 2100 København Ø
I’m interested in basic and applied stream ecology, focusing on function, spatial distribution and temporal variability in diversity and composition of benthic macroinvertebrate communities and eco-physiological performance along environmental and geographical gradients in e.g. altitude, temperature and oxygen. Currently, I am working mainly with structure and function of tropical glacial streams in the highAndes.
- Basic ecology (Almen økologi)
- Field course III (Limnologi))
- Biodiversity (Biodiversitet)
- Freshwater macrofauna, field course (Makrofauna i ferskvand: Økologi og miljøbedømmelse)
- Freshwater ecology (Ferskvandsøkologi)
- Ecology and management of nature and semi-nature areas
Current research projects
- Evotrak - Vulnerability of Tropical and Temperate Stream Biodiversity to CC. PI. LeRoy Poff. (NSF,USA)
- Melting glaciers and biodiversity in high Andean streams. PI: Olivier Dangles (Senacyt, Ecuador)
- Streams and lakes on the Tibetan Plateau. PI. DJ. (Carlsberg Foundation)
- Chronic pesticide impact on benthic communities PI. DJ (DK Environm. Agency)
- Bio-Thaw:Biological effects of glacial melting on tropical high-Andean wetlands PI. Olivier Dangles (FRB, France)
- Development of a biological pesticide indicator for danish streams PI. Nikolai Friberg (DK Environm. Agency)
Other current activities
- Member of the Danish censorship team in biology
- Member of the steering committee for the Danish national pesticide research program
- Invited member of the FEMG expert group (under Circumpolar Biodiversity Monitoring Program)
- Dept. of BIO representative for the faculty of Science committee for developing country strategy
- Invited member of the Mountain Research Initiative/International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme working group “Changes in the Mountain Cryosphere and Their Downstream Impacts”
- Frequent referee for 25+ international journals (including e.g. Ecology, Oikos, Oecologia, Ecol. Monographs, Limnol. & Oceanogr., Global Ecology and Biogeography, Nature Climate Change).
- Referee for science foundations such as: NSF (USA), NERC (UK), Ecofondo (Ecuador), IFS (Sweden), Foncyt (Argentina) and National Geographic Society (USA), Estonian Research Council.
- Journal editorial board member: Limnetica (Spain), Actualidades Biológicas (Colombia),
- Section Editor: Inland Waters (SIL - Freshwater Biological Association).